How to get there: CARABAO ISLAND: HOW TO GET THERE AND WHERE TO STAY
I and my friends Errol, Madeeline, Elvie, MJ and Allen (Mid-half to complete WASALAK Family which not only means Walang Sawa sa Alak but also Walang Sawa sa Lakwatsa) planned to have a Day Tour Island Hopping from Boracay to Carabao Island. We negotiated and rented the motored boat for Php 2,500.00 back and forth with additional Php 500.00 as a tip. Our target attraction is the Cliff Diving Destination of San Jose, Romblon – Koding Koding Point.
Not part of our Island Hopping but fortunately to see an estimated 20 dolphins crossing our way to Carabao Island. I’m just hoping to have the finest camera to capture them nevertheless what a great view to start our activity.
HAMBIL BEACH (Poblacion)
The best white sand beach in Carabao Island with similarity to what is in Boracay.
ISLA DE CARABAO WELCOME ARCH (Poblacion)
Your San Jose (the name of the town) Escapade will not be complete without having selfies and groupies with this colorful arch entrance.
Another charm of Carabao Island found in the barangay of Lanas. The place is visited for its cliff diving zone with a height of about 3 to 4 meters, crystal azure water, mini cave and small brine underground lagoon.
- Bring foods and drinks to Koding Koding Point (no additional service charge / corkage fee). Moreover, Carabao Island is a rural area so expect to have difficulty in looking for restaurants.
- Inform your itinerary to your boatman for the drop off point. The motored banca’s rate usually ranges 2,500 up from Boracay Island. Paraw Sailboat is also an option but not advisable during days with strong winds.
- If your drop off point is in the Port of Said or in the Poblacion, you will need to hire a habal-habal (local term for single motorcycle) for Php. 500 per head to tour the island.
- Motorcycle Tour as stated above is compulsory if you are planning to visit other attractions such as Ngiriton Cave and Tagaytay Point. If you are targeting Koding-koding Point only, it is recommended to drop in Koding-koding Point (Bamboo Raft area if the sea is calm) or a walking distance pebble beach near to it.
- Koding-koding Point Cliff Diving is about 3 to 4 meters high. If wanted a higher one I recommend to do the Canyoneering in South Cebu or Cliff Diving in Ariel’s Point in Buruanga Aklan with 12 meters and 15 meters respectively.
- Bring sunscreen, good attire, drinking water and a sweet smile.
SEE MORE: LIST OF ATTRACTIONS IN CARABAO ISLAND
All Rights Reserved. No part of this website or any of its contents may be copied and reproduced, without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.Commercial use and distribution of the contents of the website is strictly prohibited.