Madalag is the Largest Municipality in Aklan in terms of land area. It is known for its Sweet Lanzones produce and splendid waterfalls. Annually it celebrates its Tinuom Festival (The local word “tinuom” pertains to a local highland dweller’s recipe with native chicken as main original ingredient). Meanwhile, Liktinon White Rocks Formation in Barangay Maria Cristina and the Agtughangin Falls in Barangay Panipiason are the major tourist draws. Both sites are considered one of the cleanest inland bodies of water in the country and just two of the allures which Madalag can be offered.
HOW TO GET THERE
1. Via Kalibo-Libacao – the nearest and advisable way to Poblacion, Madalag
Request the conductor or driver to drop you in Dagitan (beside the Madalag Bridge). Ride a Habal-habal Motorcycle leading to Madalag Town Proper.
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Habal-Habal (Single Motorcycle)||Php 10.00|
2. Via Numancia – other one road to Madalag with minimal bus schedule and takes about 2 hours travel time.
If planning to visit Liktinon White Rocks and Panipiason, you must choose one at the time because they are in separate ways.
1. LIKTINON WHITE ROCKS (Timbaban River)
Habal-Habal – Php 300.00/head (back and forth and number of passenger depends on the capacity of the motorcycle). Having your own mode of transportation (4-wheel cars are okay) is an advantage just be aware that the road system is currently under construction and be mindful of falling rocks.
Guide – Optional
Entrance Fee – Donation
Others – Comfort Rooms are present near the location.
2. PANIPIASON (Agtughangin Falls, Ring Falls and Hanging “Monkey” Bridge)
Habal-Habal – Php 300.00 head (back and forth and number of passenger depends on the capacity of the motorcycle)
Guide – Ranges from Php 200.00 above (group price).
OTHER GUIDES AND TIPS:
- Bring your foods and water (Dispose your garbage properly)
- Day Tour will be fine
- Overnight staying is advisable if wanting to visit Liktinon and Panipiason.
- No Lodging, Hotel, Resort and ATMs in town.
- No Cellular Phone Signal in Panipiason and Liktinon
- Visit Madalag Church (may consider as Aklan’s version of Ruin’s of Saint Paul in Macau, China)
- Take a selfie in a Philippine Centennial Dita Tree at the nearby cemetery.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this website or any of its contents may be copied and reproduced, without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.Commercial use and distribution of the contents of the website is strictly prohibited.